- 12 Apostles - This is the iconic view of the Great Ocean Road. These 12 limestone formations are one of the most photographed landscapes in Australia. Near Port Campbell.
- Bells Beach - A renown surfers beach, just south of Torquay on the Great Ocean Road.
- Apollo Bay - Picturesque Ocean village with access to beautiful walks and waterfalls.
- Glow worms - See glow worms in the Melba Gully near Apollo Bay
- Anglesea Golf Club - Near the start of the road, many kangaroos frequent this course, so if you are golfer - get prepared for an interesting experience.
- Koalas - See these wonderful creatures on Wild Dog Road or Skenes Creek road just before you get to Apollo Bay
- Bay of Islands - The bay of islands is located south of Peterborough. It stretches over 30kms. Lesser known than the 12 Apostles because its 60km south, its offers stunning coastal views and walks.
Marriners Falls photo by Peter Barber, creative commons
Koala, photo by thetejon, creative commons
Bay of Islands, photo by JimmyHarris Creative Commons
Anglesea Golf Club, photo by a.meins Creative Commons
12 Apostles, photo by CmdrGravy Creative Commons
View Great Ocean Road Australia in a larger map
Directions to Great Ocean Road from Melbourne
- Head west on Little Bourke St toward Elizabeth St 250 m
- Turn left at Queen St 600 m
- Turn right at Flinders St 110 m
- Turn left at Queensbridge St 450 m
- Turn left at Power St 600 m
- Turn right to merge onto West Gate Freeway 13 9 km
- Continue onto Princes Freeway 45 8 km
- Continue onto Geelong Ring Rd 22 3 km
- Take the exit toward Colac Rd/Princes Hwy 700 m
- Turn right at Colac Rd/Princes Hwy 900 m
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Anglesea Rd 16 2 km
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Great Ocean RdGo through 4 roundabouts 132 km
- Slight left at Route 21 48 3 km
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Morris St 400 m
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Great Ocean Rd 950 m
- Turn left to stay on Great Ocean Rd 12 1 km
- Turn right at Old Peterborough Rd 6 3 km
- Continue straight onto Great Ocean Rd 12 4 km
- Turn right to stay on Great Ocean Rd 5 7 km
- Turn left to stay on Great Ocean Rd 15 1 km
- Turn left at Princes Hwy (signs for A1/Warrnambool/Portland) 105 km
- Slight left toward Henty Hwy (signs for Portland/A200/Cape Bridgewater/Nelson) 290 m
- Continue straight onto Henty Hwy 2 4 km
- Continue onto New St 1 0 km
- Turn right at Garden St 230 m