Here but a few highlights on this roadtrip:
- Hermanus - Go whale watching, horseback riding on the beach, or take a cruise or yacht charter to spot penguins and seals more.
- Gansbaai - After Kruger National Park, Gansbaai is the second most visited location. Why is that? Its for the Great White Shark viewing! If you are brave enough to go down in a shark cage, you can see these sea predators in Gansbaai.
- Pearly Beach - If you are looking for the ultimate white sandy beaches to laze around, then Pearly is the spot to go and relax.
- Agulhas National Park - Go to the mysterious and most southern point of Africa. Explore the graveyard of ships, stunning nature trails and abundance of sealife at this national park.
- De Hoop Nature Reserve - As part of the Whale Trail, a five hike through stunning coastal wilderness, this 34,000 ha reserve has something for all nature lovers.
- Riversdale - travel inland to see the famous Sleep Beauty Mountain as well as colourful flora which comes alive during winter months.
- Stilbaai (Still Bay) - A sleepy town on the southern coast with rich prehistoric history. Still Bay has calm waters for swimming and is an excellent spot for anglers.
- George - Situated halfway between Capetown and Port Elizabeth, George is a delightful town with a unique history.
- Goukamma Nature Reserve - See stunning dunes, coastal forest in this popularr nature reserve.
- Nature's Valley - Also along the Garden Route is Nature's Valley, home to giant native trees, stunning rivers, and unpopulated beaches.
- Garden Route National Park - Although its a relatively new park, Garden Route National Park has much to offer its visitors. Visit the ancient Tstisikamma Forest, enjoy the lakes, mountains, rivers and ocean - Garden Route National Park has it all.
- Cape St. Francis - A surfers haven, Cape St Francis was a location in the Surfing Film, Endless Summer
Coast of Hermanus
- Photo by Conrad Hofmeyr (Wikimedia Commons)
- Photo by NJR ZA (Wikimedia Commons)
- Photo by Dewet (Wikimedia Commons)
- Photo by Conrad88 (Wikimedia Commons)
View Cape Town to Port Elizabeth Roadtrip in a larger map